Wednesday, November 3, 2010

October Part 2 - Z's Wizard of OZ Birthday party extravaganza!

Since Zoey was three, she has had an undying love for the Wizard of Oz.  So for her 5th Birthday, we threw her a Wizard of OZ themed Carnival.  Guests entered the party along the yellow brick road (loaned to us by the Fox family) into the backyard decorated with Emerald and rainbows.  On one side of the yard was Muchkinland where kids could play in munchkin tents by giant flowers and toadstools.  On the other side were carnival games fitting the theme.  We had Pin the Tail on the Lion, Knock Down the Tin Man's Cans, Melt the Witch (with a water balloons), Find Scarecrow's Brains, and Dorothy's Tornado Rainbows (spin art).  I had some awesome volunteers who ran each game - thank you parents and Oma - and the kids got tickets to play each game.  When they had done everything, they were given a sticker book and stickers as their prize! We also had a rainbow pinata and Lollipop Guild lollipops as treats.  The cupcakes were rainbow as well!   I could not have imagined that we could do all of that in two hours, but the kids were fast and got to everything.  Daddy got special props for downloading and playing the Wizard of Oz soundtrack in the background.


The games were a huge success and the favorites with the kids were definitely the spin art machine and throwing water balloons at the witch.  Thankfully, the weather was cooperative because we could not have done either one of those things inside!


Rainbow Cupcakes and sweet treats!



 

And now some of my favorite photos of the day! Happy Birthday Z! I can't believe my baby is 5!

  

  

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful Jess. I love the layout, how you do the photos, etc. I didn't know you could make all of those photo collages and such on Blogger. I love your template too. Also, love that you are blogging and sharing your life and photos.

    What an awesome birthday party! You really do an AMAZING job! Loved everything!

    So stickers and sticker books are popular again? I still have mine!

    Love th photo of you and Zoey together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily - I actually do the collage stuff in Photoshop. It annoys me how limited the photo layout is in the blog template. But thanks! I got the sticker book idea from Steve's mom - she took a small photo album and Z put the stickers on the clear pages. So I made little covers with their names on them and put stickers in the sleeves where the photos would go. It was a great favor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing mother. When I have a child of my own, I will look to you for guidance and ideas. Love you so much and cannot wait to see you and the Riescher gang soon.
    -It's SHERYL btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess your daughters are beautiful and of course your photography is amazing. What a great party idea! Will you adopt me and throw me a party?

    ReplyDelete