Hungry? A few weeks ago I was emailed the most awesome of pancake recipes from a blog I subscribe to called HowDoesShe? The blog has a lot of great ideas for crafts, parties, cooking, etc. All good stuff! These Cinnamon Bun Pancakes with maple syrup icing are seriously THE BEST pancakes I have ever eaten. A must-make for pancake lovers! The batter has a ton of cinnamon in it and the syrup is really more like icing (made with powdered sugar, maple syrup, butter and milk.) Not exactly health food, but a nice treat. Anyway, enough food porn! Here are the girls with all of the ingredients - goodness from scratch takes a LOT of ingredients. I'm not sure why Z looks so grumpy... I guess she hadn't had her coffee yet.
The girls took turns measuring and pouring and mixing.
Then it was time to cook!
Actually, I did the cooking, but they sure look cute in their little chef outfits...
After our delicious (and messy) breakfast there was not too much time left in our morning for a field trip. So we went with an old stand-by, the library. The Baltimore County Public Library in Rosedale has a beautiful play area for kids called Storyville. It's full of interactive areas for kids from age 0-5. There is a grocery store, kitchen, construction site, garden, theater, and Chesapeake Bay area. I'm not sure what they enjoyed more, the pancakes or the play area... it's a tie.
| Kira "checking out" a customer |
| Z performing on the stage |
| Gardening |
| The construction zone and baby garden |
| Toddler Bay |


No comments:
Post a Comment