Mid October our friend Zoe came to visit us as she traveled her way around the East Coast on her trip back to the States. She has been living abroad in Amsterdam for a LONG time now and we miss her so much! If you don't already know, Zoe and I were college roommates along with Sierra and Sheryl. We were a motley crew to say the least! Zoe informed me that she wanted to "experience my day to day life" so we arranged a whole bunch of fun stuff to do that we would normally do at this time of year. Zoe also got to see Zoey's school, the girls' music class and their routines. I think we managed to tire her out!
Zoe's first day here I got to have a day off and take her to the Maryland Renaissance Festival with a few other friends. I really love the Renn Fest and I swear every year that I will go without the kids, dress up and really get to have fun. This was the first time I actually got to do that! Unfortunately, that morning Zoe also got to experience one of the joys of parenting we all wish to avoid - stitches. Kira fell on the front porch two minutes before we left and needed stitches. I guess I was glad she managed to get this far without them! Zoey needed them twice by this age! As you can see, she took it like a champ!
Even after all that, we managed to have a great time at the Festival!
Next we went to Weber's Cider Mill Farm - one of our favorite places to go in the fall. They have a whole field full of fun fall activities including a hay ride, corn maze, giant slide and haunted house. It is just a few miles from our house, so we usually go a few times a year.
And the best part about having a friend come visit is getting to spend time in the kitchen - talking, laughing and reminiscing! By the way, Zoe is an awesome baker and cake decorator in Amsterdam - check out her work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cakesbyzobot!
Our last day with Zoe we spent driving to New Hampshire (dropping her off in Philly along the way) on our way to see our friends Jen and Ted get married! The girls got to spend the weekend with Grammy and Poppy and all their cousins - they had a blast and so did we. I almost did not know what to do with three childless nights...yeah right! It was a beautiful wedding and we had so much fun hanging out with all of our Syracuse friends that we have not seen in so long. Much needed break from all this kid stuff!
One of the major highlights was getting to see not one, but two of our friends' bands play together at the reception. Mike Montrey Band and The Attic Ends joined forces to put on one hell of a show. SHAMELESS PLUG - check out their websites and support their music!!!
Well, I thought I could get to all of October in three blog entries... but I'm going to stop. More October fun to come.








No comments:
Post a Comment